Sunday, September 26, 2010

Symphonic Orchestra of Costa Rica

Today I went to the concert of the National Symphonic Orchestra of Costa Rica in San Jose.  The concert was amazing!  It was at the National Theatre which is absolutely gorgeous! Built in 1897 the marble columns and gold decorative artwork is breath-taking, as was the music.  The concert featured violinist Dmitri Berlinsky and guest conductor, Juri Gilbo, I believe from Germany.  They played Chaikovsky's, Saint-Saens, Ravel, and Shostakovich.  Amazing!  The cool deal, the tickets were $8 and if you want to see the theatre any other day you have to pay $5 just to see the inside.  It was a total win-win situation.  Below are a few pictures of the Teatro Nacional.



McCall (my neighbor and buddy here, also in the program) and I.

The ceiling.

1 comment:

  1. Laura! It is so good to hear from you again! I keep hearing about you and I miss you more then :(
    I bet you are about at the point in your semester where you're going back and forth about wanting to be back here, but loving it there. Embrace your time there!!! It will be over SOOOOOOOO fast!

    ReplyDelete