I thought I'd upload some pictures of my life and experiences here in Costa Rica. Now that I've got my computer back, minus the audio system, I'm able to upload my photos! Praise the Lord I didn't lose any files on my computer and that I'm able to use it.

My house (a condominium)

The bedroom I share with my sister Marce. (I take the top bunk).

My sister Marce who is 20 years old.

My host parents (Lucas and Lilliana)

Me, Marce, Elena (McCall's host sister), and McCall (my fellow LASPer)

Volcan Poas (2 hours from San Jose).

The Lagoon at Volcan Poas

Traditional clothes worn for Indepence Day celebrations.

Girls from LASP and ruins of an old church in Cartago (1 hour from San Jose).

The market.

The beautiful countryside.

A typical Tico (Costa-Rican) home.

COFFEE!!!

Relaxing for an afternoon at the pool in Ujarras, the first sttlement in Costa Rica.

McCall and I trying to stay dry for the downpour in our Marmot-Precips and my umbrella.

The basilica in Cartago. Absolutely gorgeous!

A typical Tico meal.

Visited the banana plantation.

The bananas grow in the blue bags to protect them from pesticides that are sprayed on the fields, yet there are pesticides in the lining of the bags...go figure.

A pineapple plantation...Mmm...

An Indigenous Tribe

Gloria Mayorga shared with us her culture and their creation story-really interesting.

They are famous for raising iguanas.

Their home.

The Caribbean beach!!! At Cahuita National Park. It was truly amazing! 80+ degree water and beautiful white sand. I'd go back there :)
No comments:
Post a Comment